Sheppard-Harris & Associates, P.C. is a certified public accounting firm established as a professional Corporation under the laws of the State of Alabama in July, 1993. We have a well-established reputation for providing quality services to the federal, state and local governmental markets, which includes providing assurance, internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing, tax, and financial planning services.
While the firm may be based in Alabama, our clients are located in a variety of states. Our client base is broadly diversified and includes companies/organizations in the following industries and discipline: Service, Non-Profit, Healthcare, Local School Boards, Governmental Entities, and Employee Benefit Plans. Our President was selected to the Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy. SHA is committed to ethical behavior and providing quality service.
We are currently seeking full-time, auditors to join our team.
Work Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting
• Two to three years audit experience in the commercial, governmental, non-profit sectors or benefit plan audit experience a plus; public accounting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, two or more years audit experience
• Current CPA license and public accounting experience a plus but not required.
Audit Senior is responsible for performing various procedures for financial and compliance audits and reviews. These duties include:
• Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts work papers from clients’ trial balance
• Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements
• Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters
• Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
• Assumes full responsibility (under supervision) for preparation of compiled and reviewed financial statements
• Effectively communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client
• Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles; knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Government Auditing Standards (GAS Yellow Book) and Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Standards (GAGAS)
• Proficiency in accounting software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment